As Christians and Presbyterians, we are called to be made into and to make disciples of Jesus. Therefore, we devote ourselves to prayer and to learning more about the Bible, the tradition of the church, and the needs of our world. See below for our current groups and meeting times.
Adult Sunday School
- Adult Sunday School I
Teacher: Bruce Henderson
Location: Mary Jay Patten Activity Center
Topic: Alternating Bible and book study
- Adult Sunday School II
Teacher: Blake Daniel
Location: Parlor next to the kitchen
Topic: Bible Study (Sunday Sermon Scripture passage)
- Presbyterian Women Morning Circle meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m. at FPC.
- Presbyterian Women Evening Circle meets on the third Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at various homes.
- Women's Community Bible Study meets each Wednesday morning from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. from September to May at FPC. Childcare is provided.
- Men's Fellowship Breakfast meets on the second and fourth Thursday every month from 8:00-9:00 am in the Fellowship Hall.
First Presbyterian Church has an active and vibrant prayer ministry. In John 4:14, Jesus said, "Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life." When we gather to pray we do so to commune with Jesus and to drink from the spring of living water that he promises us.
- Soaking Prayer takes place every Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. in the sanctuary.
- Prayer Ministers are available after every Sunday Worship Service and would be happy to pray with you. You can also contact these prayer ministers if you would like to set up an appointment to receive prayer in a quiet, confidential setting. Please call the church office for more information.