Dear church family,
The needs surrounding Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma persist, and there are many ways to help. Here are some suggestions:
- Give financially through Presbyterian Disaster Assistance to victims of Hurricane Irma and/or Harvey by clicking these links or by calling 1-800-872-3283.
- Give financially to the ministerial association of LaGrange, TX, sponsored by Second Baptist Church (where I have friends).
- Make a clean-up bucket, hygiene kit, or school kit and send it to folks in need.
- Go on the mission trip to Kinston, NC on Oct. 8-13 to help folks recover from Hurricane Matthew.
- Pray, pray, pray for God's peace to triumph over chaos and calamity.
May we continue to bear one another's burdens, both locally and nationally, as Jesus calls us to do.